Blue and Lonesome - neues Album

• ich glaube einfach, die sind von diesem Blues Album echt richtig begeistert. ...und wenn die neuen Songs so stark wie Doom and Gloom werden, dann wäre ich schon sehr zufrieden :D

If "She's so cold" at their age, you better check her, she might be just dead.

• Das sind die ersten Details zu Blue and Lonesome:

Songs:

Just Your Fool (Little Walter Coverversion) – die erste Single

Blue and Lonesome (Little Walter Coverversion)

Format:

CD, Doppel-LP und Deluxe Edition mit Hardcover Buch und 5 Artprints

• ist chuck leavell eiegntlich dabei? Es gibt einige interessante Statements auf seinem Blog:

"Keith and Patti were there, Tim Ries and a few others. We sipped our cocktails and talked for a bit, then Patti came over to tell us we should come up to their room to listen to the stuff the Stones recorded in London in Dec. Keith had invited me to do so a few times before, but somehow we either missed his message or were out of the hotel. So this was the chance to hear it. The band had gone to London to “mess around” and see if there could be any material to come out of it. I had not been invited, which had hurt my feelings...especially knowing that Matt Clifford was there. But I was in no position to force myself into the mix, so I had no choice but to stay out of it. But to make things worse, what had happened was that while they apparently explored trying to do some new material, they wound up playing some blues tunes. One thing led to another, and they wound up with 9 or 10 tracks of blues. For them to do that without me there tore me up. But I took it as best I could, and at some point Keith, Ronnie and Charlie had expressed that they wanted me to overdub on some of it. Mick has not mentioned a word about it to me. Anyway, this night was finally the time to go up to Keith’s room and give it all a listen. Rose Lane went with me, and Tim Ries also came, and Darryl. Darryl was on the sessions, and had told me some about it. We all gathered in his sitting area, and he put the music on. It sounded really great...and as Keith pointed out several times, this is why the Stones started playing together in the first place. They loved the blues and that was most of their repertoire...with perhaps some Chuck Berry thrown in. The mixes we listened to had Matt’s part either way down in the mix or not there at all for the most part. But from what I could hear of him, most of the parts he played sounded benign to me for the most part. This is a delicate thing...I like Matt, and part of me is glad he was there....but I know if I had been there it would have come out more authentic. Anyway, Keith wants me to have a shot at it at some point. I truly hope that comes about, but there are challenges to make it happen. First, what about Mick? How does he feel about it? Second...where and when would we work that out? Well...hopefully it will be done. Obviously I want to do it and will do everything I can to sort it out.
    Keith had some other “sketches” of ideas that he played...that Matt was also on. They were not even demos of yet....just sort of jams and riff ideas. So I don’t know what the band will do about it all coming together...will the blues thing be a stand alone project? Will it be a part of some new stuff that they will eventually finish? Whatever happens, I certainly want to be a part of it. We’ll see how the whole thing turns out in time.
    We were there fairly late...until 2am or so. Then left, giving Keith acco"

die Infos zu den neuen eigenen Songs klingen nicht so toll, muss erstmal nichts heißen, dieses Anhören fand während der SA-Tour statt

If "She's so cold" at their age, you better check her, she might be just dead.