was zum neuen Album....

• Hab' 'nen Artikel vom Dez. 2004 zum kommenden Album, bzw. zu den aufnahmen dazu gefunden, kannte Ihn noch nicht:

Rolling Stones Recording With Don Was

The Rolling Stones recently concluded recording sessions for a new album in Paris with producer Don Was. The band will reconvene in the New Year for additional sessions for an album tentatively due in summer 2005, Was tells Billboard.com.

Was describes the Stones' new music as considerably different from their recent releases. "Mick [Jagger] and Keith [Richards] are writing songs together in a collaborative fashion that probably hasn't been seen since the late '60s," he says. "I would say that longtime fans of the Rolling Stones will be thrilled with these results, and new fans will understand why they're the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world."

Was recalls sessions in which Jagger and Richards composed spontaneously, sometimes with Richards playing bass and Jagger on drums. "He's a great drummer," Was confides. "He's also playing a lot of guitar, and he's a really good guitar player. He's been playing bass on some things, [and] Keith is playing bass on some things. They're just great -- there's a reason that they've been the Rolling Stones for so long.

"And they can do it four times a day, every day," Was says of the pair's writing sessions, "and they're really good songs. I've never seen anything like it."

Drummer Charlie Watts, who was recently treated for throat cancer, also attended the Paris sessions and is in excellent health, Was says. "And he's playing like a lion," he adds.

In 2002, the Stones recorded at Studios Guillaume Tell, also in Paris, with Was and engineer Ed Cherney. Four of the songs recorded there are featured on the 2-disc "40 Licks" compilation released in 2002. Additional material recorded at those sessions may appear on the Stones' next album, says Was, "but this all seems to be of a piece so far, and is substantially different than anything I've worked on with them. It's really collaborative.

"It's not done," Was adds. "We can still f*** it up a thousand different ways, you know? But what I'm hearing now is very much in the great Stones tradition."

Was has been active throughout 2004, producing the Stones' two-disc "Live Licks" set released last month, as well as upcoming albums by Solomon Burke, Jessie Coulter and Kris Kristofferson, the latter recorded specifically for release in a surround-sound format.

Meanwhile Don has regrouped with David Was to lead their R&B project Was (Not Was) through a 12-city tour launching Dec. 27 at House of Blues in Anaheim, Calif. The tour will mark the first performance of the group in 13 years.

-- Christopher Walsh, N.Y.

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

• So allmählich wird's konkreter (und teuer )

(glaube inzwischen, dass das ein gut gemachter fake ist )
    Von Aidan Wylde auf Undercover:
    Undercover - The Rolling Stones Mailing List
    ==============================================
    I was down at the sessions last night chatting to Pierre, and he told me
    that the new album is going to have the best sound of any album ever.

It will cost $37.99 to defray the cost of this incredible sound but will be
    well worth it.

There may be a small service charge (not more than $8.99 or so) to defray
    the cost of distribution, but overall the new album will only cost about 10%
    more than similar products, such as they are.

Apparently the marketing people are having a field day, preparing the
    marketing push. There was a big donnybrook at the agency, but they've
    settled on,

'Not just another album - it's the Rolling Stones on cd (96hz & 25 bit
    mastered)'

No albums will be distributed to independent record stores, so that big-box
    retailers can have 'a fair shot' at making some decent sales numbers in the
    first weeks of release.

• von Shidoobee
    "Lenny Castro will be laying down some of his usual rhythmic mojo on some Stones tracks tonight at A&M..."

• erste Kommentare, von einem, der dabei war (einer von den Stonesvikings war ja bei der Virgin Party heute - von IORR):
    und hier die ersten Infos von ihm (IORR):

The album is a "band album" which rocks. The songs are surprisingly good. But because Don Was is the producer, it doesn't sound like The Hives. Two great ballads out of which one is about rain.
    On some of the songs Jagger sings surprisingly strong about US politics"

• Von http://www.stonesvikings.com</a>

Newsflash 22.00 CET.
    « Thread Started on Today at 10:21pm »

I was unable to get hold of Ove, so I got info from another source due to some detective work who was present, so here it goes:

11 raw mixes out of 18 recorded tracks were played.
    With raw mixes it is meant there is some additional mixing to do. It was not said if all 18 tracks would be on the album. If I heard correctly, there might be some more songs recorded.

No Chuck, Darryl on only a few numbers, bass being handled by Mick and Keith. Plenty of harmonica, slide and maracas (spelling?).
    No hornsection heard at all, no backupsingers. This might change of course, but let´s hope not.

ONNYA different from the liveversion, it´s said it was not finished when they played it live. Absolutely no material from the 40 LICKS sessions. 2 ballads, one Mick, one Keith, the rest rockers except 1 funky song in the style of Dance.pt1/Miss You.
    1 political song, as it seemed aimed at the Bushadministration but don´t take my word for it.

The motto, it was said for these recordingsessions, was that it was to be "A bandrecord, the four of them".
    As for the albumtitle, it was said that it might be one of those circulated on the net, then it might not be, so no answer to that question really.

No Stone present, as they all seem to be in the US right now. A bandrepresentative was MC at the listening party. All participants had to sign a contract of secrecy.

I hope to get some additional info, but right now, all participants are bound by their contract, and no Ove in sight, but he would not be able to tell me more at this point, .

As for the releasedate first half of September still stands until further notice.

• We will very shortly have more titles (read all, probably!), but enjoy these in the meantime!

Oh no not you again
    This House Is Empty Without You - Keefballad.
    Walking Alone In The Rain - Mickballad
    You Drive Too Fast - A rocker!
    She saw me coming
    Neocon - the political one

von den http://www.stonesvikings.com