CD12: [Got Live If You Want It - EP]
    1. We Want The Stones
    2. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
    3. Pain In My Heart
    4. Route 66
    5. I'm Moving On
    6. I'm Alright

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Nankering ()

• Singles 1963-1965 (Vol.1) 
    33 Track Acetat Pressung auf CD-R

1. Come On
    2. I Want To Be Loved
    3. I Wanna Be Your Man
    4. Stoned
    5. Bye Bye Johnny
    6. Money
    7. You Better Move On
    8. Poison Ivy
    9. Not Fade Away
    10. Little By Little
    11. It's All Over Now
    12. Good Times, Bad Times
    13. If You Need Me
    14. Empty Heart
    15. 2120 South Michigan Avenue - Short Version
    16. Confessin' The Blues
    17. Around & Around
    18. Tell Me - Single Edit
    19. I Just Want To Make Love To You
    20. Time Is On My Side - Organ Opening
    21. Congratulations
    22. Little Red Rooster
    23. Off The Hook
    24. Heart Of Stone
    25. What A Shame
    26. The Last Time
    27. Play With Fire
    28. We Want The Stones
    29. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
    30. Pain In My Heart
    31. Route 66
    32. I'm Moving On
    33. I'm Alright

CD-R’s (Compact Disc-Recordable - also known as CD-Writable) are now often produced by record companies prior to, or instead of, distribution of a ‘finished’ promotional CD. Also known as a CD-R ‘acetate’, they got this name when they first appeared as they were the digital technology equivalent of the metal and lacquer ‘acetate’ discs of the 60’s & 70’s. These were first cut in the studio, direct from the master tape and they enabled the artist, producer or record company executive to hear a track away from the studio environment almost straightaway; all they needed was a turntable to play the acetate. Nowadays the same theory applies, although on CD-R they can simply play it on their car stereo or Walkman!

Early UK CD-R’s were gold in colour, and usually had simple handwritten artist and title information on the disc and sleeve insert, much like the acetates of previous decades. As technology progressed these discs were customised to the studios using them, for example the famous Abbey Road studios were one of the first to use their own logos printed on the disc and sleeve. They subsequently progressed to the silver and blue discs still in use today. These almost always have computer printed titles on the ‘label’ side and since duplication techniques have improved they are often a cheaper, and quicker, alternative for record companies to use instead of manufacturing proper compact discs.

In extreme cases some CD-R’s may be produced weeks or months before a promotional disc is planned; even before titles, catalogue numbers and release dates have been scheduled. As a result some tracks may be left un-mastered, meaning they have not gone through the final editing process, they could have alternate ‘work-in-progress’ titles or be somehow different to the final mastered version. Generally, however, they are more likely to be used as a simple promotional format in much the same way that the more traditional promotional CDs are.

CD-R’s are usually housed in a plain white titled sleeve which gives just basic information such as artist, title, tracks, running time and record or production company logos; but they can sometimes be issued in a picture sleeve if the final artwork is available. They rarely display a catalogue number. Depending on their intended purpose they can be just 1-track (usually the next single), multiple track album samplers or ‘teasers’, full albums, or even multiple discs to promote boxed sets or a back catalogue reissue campaign.

They have become ever more collectable in recent years and genuine, early examples have been known to fetch four-figure sums.

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...