San Francisco Art Exchange LLC™

• I don't know what your thread is about SFM but a sub-group of IORR called the Bay Area Plexiglass Society (or BAPS for short) had a meeting at the SFAE on March 29 in San Francisco. I organized the whole thing.

The SFAE is the first art gallery in the world to carry Ronnie's art which they started doing about 20 years ago. They were also having the Ethan Russell exhibit of fotos from the '69 tour and recently published in his book Gimme Shelter. We also got to see some of Bill Wyman's fotos and SFAE was again the first in the world to have the Bill Wyman foto exhibit.

And, I arranged for a few extras -- here is an excerpt from the thread on IORR:

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??

Posted by: timbernardis ()

Date: March 21, 2008 15:44

OK Everybody --

I have been in touch with my contact at the gallery and asked her if their most knowledgeable Stones expert could give us a tour which would include ALL of their Stones related items and she says:

after 2 pm on Saturday, will that work for your schedule? (Our resident Stones/Music Expert/Walking Encyclopedia will arrive at 2pm).

We will prepare the upstairs with some of Ronnie’s work and perhaps some of Bill Wyman’s as well, how does that sound?

[of course I had the nerve to ask about the following, and : ]

one of the gallery owners will be here on that afternoon, and he has offered to provide a few bottles of wine and some munchies for you and your crew.

If possible, let’s try to agree on a time you expect to be here, so we can be set up and prepared for you when you arrive.

can you pass along our web-address so you and your group all have a few things in mind that I can show you or focus on. We’ll choose a couple of pieces and do some presentations too.

[here is their web address -- [www.sfae.com] ; obviously, this is an art gallery, and they want to make sales. I will tell her that the group wants to see all the Stones items, but that I cannot tell her anything about sales, that is up to each individual]

I do mean Bill Wyman’s photos, we hosted his world-debut, his first EVER gallery show back on Father’s Day in 2006. You and your friends should know that! Some of his photographs are on our website, and we have a small number of them still here, many are #1’s in their editions I believe.

So this means: Ethan Russell photos, Ronnie Wood art, and Bill Wyman photos, along with a presentation and some wine and a little food. All for FREE.

Hell, I think I will ask her if they have any Charlie art. I have already told her something about THE PLEXIGLASS, hopefully she sees the light.

Here's a few fotos from our gathering:

Pictured from rear left: mcparty, sweetcharmedlife, our guide Melissa Buckner, The Plexiglass and from left front sarahunwin and ChrisM.

Displaying The Plexiglass T Shirt

Door Prize Time: Plexiglass Displaying the Rolling Stones Trading Cards to be given away as prizes

In the pub afterwards, at far left is ryanpow

The best foto of the Russell exhibit, in pre-Plexiglass days

To see the entire thread and see all of the fotos, go to http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,887211,page=1

(the fotos are on p. 3 of the thread)

Plexi