Stones on Mick's 35th Birthday: Oakland 1978 (fotos)

• Last show of the '78 tour. I did not have good seats or good place on field/pitch,but was in the lowest tier but furthest away from stage. Went with my then-girlfriend who I had met that year, my first year at UC Berkeley. She was related to then-49ers assistant and later head coach George Seifert.

It was one of Bill Graham's "Day On The Green" series with Eddie Money and Santana as openers, bright sunny day, lots of balloons released. Better show than the one in Anaheim that I saw 3 days before, though at Anaheim I was front row but it was a crushingly hot day and we were physically lifted up off the ground for some seconds at the move of the crowd into the stadium. I had had enough of that.

Also went with friends from Sacramento including Jon Juren who took these fotos. I do have some of my own which take in the entire scene of the stadium, but have not found those ones yet.

After my personal debacle of getting so stoned at my first Stones show 3 years before at the Cow Palace and having to leave the front of the stage area, that was not going to happen on this tour.
    (note: I just added more fotos to the Cow Palace 1975 thread plus my personal story.)

plexi