16 m £ & Counting Tour - TH€ RO££ING $TON€$

• Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has revealed that the band have been booked to play live shows in London and New York.
    [quelle]http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/66517[/quelle]

Hier der ganze Text aus der Ankündigung für das aktuelle Q , demnach ist das ein wirklich aktuelles Interview:

Speaking at the weekend (6 October), the guitarist went slightly off message and told us the band are rehearsing together - and have gigs booked.
    "We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment," he grinned. "They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!"
    Richards let slip about the shows in the pipeline after admitting his band were a week into a month of rehearsals, which despite the band not working together recently, were now going really well, he said.
    "Everybody relies upon their instincts, especially once you start working regularly together again," the guitarist said of the first week.
    "Because it pulls all the bits and pieces together, which when you're not working and playing with the guys, dissipates, obviously; you're not having that immediate contact.
    "But kind of two days of hanging around with the guys again, a certain demon energy takes over and you wonder where it's coming from!"

Read the full interview with Keith in the next issue of Q, out 30 October.

Damit sind die Rehearsals in Paris seit Anfang der Woche auch bestätigt .....

• This will be official within shortly...

Das wird vermutlich nicht mehr heute sein.
    Ich hatte gehofft, noch heute mehr zu erfahren, weil das "statement" gegen 17.00 h veröffentlicht wurde.
    Wir werden vermutlich nicht mehr lange warten müssen.

• Is Newark getting Stoned this holiday season?

The Rolling Stones, who have been rocking steady for
    decades, are expected to celebrate their 50th anniversary with a short
    touring circuit. That tour may be stopping at the Prudential Center.

According to the Showbiz 411 website, the Stones are considering concerts at Prudential Center on Dec. 16 and 17.
    These would be the band's first area dates since the Beacon Theater
    shows on the Bigger Bang Tour in 2007. The Stones haven't played New
    Jersey since their Giants Stadium date in 2006.

[quelle]http://www.nj.com/entertainmen…ones_rumored_to_be_c.html[/quelle]
    Klar ist auf jeden Fall, dass sich etwas tut...

• Re: Keith: - We've booked shows
    Posted by: bv ()
    Date: October 9, 2012 22:51

The Rolling Stones i.e. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie have booked a month or so in their calendars this year for recordings, rehearsals and a few shows. Then it is up to the business people to sort out dates and shows. It is a misunderstanding that they know these details. They do know that recordings come first, all done now in the chateau. Then rehearsals are next. They would not bother much about the dates at the O2, because they do not drive the car or book the hotels. In fact they don't even check in, they just walk by the reception while their luggage is taken to their suites. But there will be London shows, due to be announced pretty soon.

Bjornulf

Re: Keith: - We've booked shows
    Posted by: bv ()
    Date: October 10, 2012 00:20

Correct. They make rules of how many shows and how big tour and all of that. Then it is up to the organizer to make it happen in detail. Sure they do have good control of stuff, but exact dates and venues and stuff like that are less important than getting the songs to work great live.

And yes, Mick do likes to check out and approve venues for club shows, but he hasn't been too busy on that side lately. A good example is the Coimbra show, booked late in the tour because the venue was new and ready, and it was fitting in. Or Sendai was canceled shortly before ticket sales because they did not get the logistics to work. Or 2nd shows added when the first ones sold fast, or adding Metallica to the SF shows when these sold slowly. Or booking the Phoenix less than one week before it actually happened. And so on.

Bjornulf

[quelle]http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1681334,page=2[/quelle]
    [quelle]http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1681334,page=3[/quelle]

• Billboard.

More signs have surfaced pointing to some special Rolling Stones 50th anniversary shows taking place before the year's out.

In a new interview with Q magazine, guitarist Keith Richards confirms that "We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment. They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!"

It's the most concrete nod so far about a planned pair of shows on each side of the Atlantic. Billboard was first to report that the band will play two dates at London's O2 Arena and two at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn next month.

Meanwhile, Bobby Keys, the Stones' regular saxophonist, confirms to Billboard that the group is "gonna do some more concerts, starting in November with two in England and then a couple here in the States, then there's a few added concerts after that. Keith told me a couple months ago there was something in the wind and just be ready to go. I'm waiting for them to send me the plane ticket and the information, and then I'll go."

The Stones have plenty going on as those potential shows loom closer. The U.S. edition of "The Rolling Stones 50" coffee table book is due out Oct. 16. "Crossfire Hurricane," the new documentary directed by Brett Morgen, will debut at the London Film Festival and in theaters around Great Britain on Oct. 18, with its North American bow set for Nov. 15 on
    HBO. Another documentary, " The Rolling Stones Charlie is My Darling -- Ireland 1965," comes out Nov. 6, while a week later the group's new greatest hits set, "GRRR!," rolls out in four different configurations, all featuring the two new tracks -- "Gloom and Doom" and "One Last Shot" -- that the Stones recorded during August in Paris.

Of course, there's speculation -- as there always is -- that whatever the Stones do will be its last acts as a live entity. Keys, who's also been recording with Richards for his next solo album, says he suspects that might the case -- but with a caveat.

"The reality is this train is going to pull into the last station pretty soon -- I don't know how soon. I've been saying this since 1980," he notes with a laugh. "But I feel like it's kind of winding down. This may be sort of the 'Sayonara, see you later, had a good time, keep in touch.' I don't know that for sure. I haven't officially been told anything...I just take my cue primarily from what Keith says, so we'll have to see."

Read more at [www.billboard.biz]

• Es wurden gestern für London in der O2-Arena die Termine 26. + 27.11. gemeldet. Auf der Homepage der Arena sind für den 26.11. ein Termin für "Twins of Evel Tour 2012" genannt, für den 28.11. Alanis Morissette. Da würden 2 Konzerte der Stones kaum dazwischenpassen. Beim Newark Prudential Centre sieht es anders aus, da sind alle Termine zwischen dem 11. + 20. 12. noch frei, also 2 Konzerte am 15. + 16.12. wären gut möglich mit Auf + Abbau. :thumbup:

Musik is an incredible Power (Keith 2015).