ABKCO Rolls Out Three More Clearly Classic Stones Titles May 6: Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!, 12 X 5, Through The Past, Darkly

• ABKCO Rolls Out Three More Clearly Classic Stones Titles May 6: Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!, 12 X 5, Through The Past, Darkly
    Posted on Mar 25th, 2014

ABKCO has announced three significant additions to its Rolling Stones “Clearly Classic” vinyl series that launched last year. Set for reissue on clear 180-gram vinyl on May 6 are Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! The Rolling Stones In Concert, 12 X 5, and Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2). The titles join Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, and Hot Rocks: 1964-1971, which received resoundingly positive critical and consumer response upon release in 2013. All releases in the Clearly Classic series have been meticulously mastered from high resolution audio files sourced from the original master tapes, assuring optimal sound quality that exceeds both conventional CD audio and digital downloads.

The Rolling Stones “Clearly Classic” May 6 releases:

Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert holds the distinction of being the first live album by any artist to have reached #1 on the UK charts. Recorded at New York City’s Madison Square Garden on November 27 and 28, 1969, Ya-Ya’s is considered the Stones’ finest live album. It was the band’s first release to feature guitarist Mick Taylor, who had joined several months earlier. Ya-Ya’s includes hits such as “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Street Fighting Man,” and “Sympathy for the Devil” but is most notable for an 9+ minute version of “Midnight Rambler” with extended harmonica solos, thought by many to be the best version of the song.

12 X 5 was the Stones’ second U.S. full-length release. Originally released in October of 1964, 12 X 5 combines the Five by Five EP (recorded at Chess Studios in Chicago) with the singles “It’s All Over Now” and “Time Is on My Side” and the B-sides of those singles. Also part of the 12 X 5 tune stack are three more tracks that were later included in the Stones’ second UK full-length The Rolling Stones No. 2. 12 X 5 is dominated by the Stones’ takes on R&B and blues songs. The way in which Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman and Brian Jones interpreted these songs shaped and informed the hard blues/R&B wing of the British Invasion in ensuing years. The Clearly Classic edition is based on the original mono mix.

Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) was originally released in September 1969, and is the second compilation album of hits by the Rolling Stones, following Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass). Through the Past made a huge splash on both sides of the Atlantic, reaching #2 in both the U.S. and UK. The album includes numerous Stones’ classics including “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Let’s Spend The Night Together” and “Honky Tonk Women.” The packaging stays true to the original layout, with its trademark octagonal-shaped album cover. The inside flap contains this poem written by Jones, who died two months before the release:

When this you see, remember me,
    and bear me in your mind.
    Let all the world say what they may,
    speak of me as you find.

Track Listings:

Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert

Side 1
    Jumpin’ Jack Flash
    Carol
    Stray Cat Blues
    Love in Vain
    Midnight Rambler

Side 2
    Sympathy For the Devil
    Live With Me
    Little Queenie
    Honky Tonk Women
    Street Fighting Man

12 X 5

Side 1
    Around and Around
    Confessin’ the Blues
    Empty Heart
    Time Is on My Side
    Good Times, Bad Times
    It’s All Over Now

Side 2
    2120 South Michigan Avenue
    Under the Boardwalk
    Congratulations
    Grown Up Wrong
    If You Need Me
    Susie Q

Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)

Side 1
    Ruby Tuesday
    She’s A Rainbow
    Jumpin’ Jack Flash
    Mother’s Little Helper
    Let’s Spend the Night Together

Side 2
    Honky Tonk Women
    Dandelion
    2000 Light Years from Home
    Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
    Street Fighting Man

:arrowright: http://www.abkco.com/index.php…5-Through-The-Past-Darkly

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

• 12X5 und Throuh The Past.... kann man bei Amazonas und JPC bestellen. Get Yer Ya- Ya's Out! habe ich dort nicht gefunden oder habe ich eine Filzbrille auf ?(

"How long can we go on? Forever. We`ll let you know when we keel over." KR