Ronnie Wood Autobiographie

• Books
    Rolling Stones guitarist fesses up
    Ron Wood's new book could become movie

By Gary Graff
    Billboard.com

Published on Monday, Nov 05, 2007

Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood's Ronnie: The Autobiography (St. Martin's Press) has just hit U.S. bookshelves, but he's already talking about another volume — and even a film adaptation.

In fact, Wood said he's ''already been approached'' by producers interested in putting his life story on the big screen. ''I think it would make quite an interesting one, actually,'' he told Billboard.com. ''They're all saying, 'Who is gonna play you in your movie?' 'What?! I have no idea.' That'll be a challenge.''

Wood said he regards the forthright and revealing Ronnie to be ''part one'' of the tale. ''I've remembered a load more since,'' he said. ''There's already a book two kind of ticking over on the back burner if I wanted to do that.''

Book one certainly has plenty for fans to chew on until that time. Wood writes frankly about his rock 'n' roll experiences, including sharing a flat with Jimi Hendrix and playing in the Jeff Beck Group, the Faces and the Stones.

Then there's his relationships with Patti Harrison (between her marriages to George Harrison and Eric Clapton) and former Canadian first lady Margaret Trudeau and his own problems with drugs, alcohol and finances. There's plenty of musical analysis, plus loads of sensational details, including Keith Richards pulling a gun on Wood when he discovered Wood freebasing cocaine.

''It surprised me how much did come flooding back, and how much has come flooding back since,'' Wood said. ''It's quite therapeutic, actually. I've always known that fate played a big part in my life, being at the right place at the right time — and also on a few occasions being at the wrong place at the wrong time.''

Wood will be promoting Ronnie for the balance of the year and also preparing a coffee table book of his artwork. The Stones, he said, are enjoying their individual ''sabbaticals'' after the Bigger Bang world tour, but will reconvene in early 2008 for the rollout of Martin Scorsese's documentary, Shine a Light.

Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood's Ronnie: The Autobiography (St. Martin's Press) has just hit U.S. bookshelves, but he's already talking about another volume — and even a film adaptation.

In fact, Wood said he's ''already been approached'' by producers interested in putting his life story on the big screen. ''I think it would make quite an interesting one, actually,'' he told Billboard.com. ''They're all saying, 'Who is gonna play you in your movie?' 'What?! I have no idea.' That'll be a challenge.''

Wood said he regards the forthright and revealing Ronnie to be ''part one'' of the tale. ''I've remembered a load more since,'' he said. ''There's already a book two kind of ticking over on the back burner if I wanted to do that.''

Book one certainly has plenty for fans to chew on until that time. Wood writes frankly about his rock 'n' roll experiences, including sharing a flat with Jimi Hendrix and playing in the Jeff Beck Group, the Faces and the Stones.

Then there's his relationships with Patti Harrison (between her marriages to George Harrison and Eric Clapton) and former Canadian first lady Margaret Trudeau and his own problems with drugs, alcohol and finances. There's plenty of musical analysis, plus loads of sensational details, including Keith Richards pulling a gun on Wood when he discovered Wood freebasing cocaine.

''It surprised me how much did come flooding back, and how much has come flooding back since,'' Wood said. ''It's quite therapeutic, actually. I've always known that fate played a big part in my life, being at the right place at the right time — and also on a few occasions being at the wrong place at the wrong time.''

Wood will be promoting Ronnie for the balance of the year and also preparing a coffee table book of his artwork. The Stones, he said, are enjoying their individual ''sabbaticals'' after the Bigger Bang world tour, but will reconvene in early 2008 for the rollout of Martin Scorsese's documentary, Shine a Light.

http://www.ohio.com/lifestyle/books/11014796.html

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...