First New Barbarians CD & DVD

• Habe eben im http://208.79.203.9/ gelesen, das er am 21. Okt. eine New Barbarians DVD vorgestellt hat, hier der Text:

Hello all, following the success of ‘The New Barbarians’ CD release earlier
    this year, I have decided to release another Barbarians gig ‘The First
    Barbarians’, this time including a great DVD of the show!

I feel very sentimental about this gig as it was an amazing time of my life,
    working with all those amazing musicians for those two nights after
    completing my first solo album, it’s out today (Oct 22nd) and is available
    on amazon, if you get it, enjoy it!

und

am giving two of you the chance to win a pair of tickets to come to my premier of the First Barbarians DVD release in London on Wednesday 21st November.

Answer this question to stand a chance…

Who played bass on The First Barbarians?

Answers on an email to http://mailto:info@woodenrecords.co.uk

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LittleQueenie ()

• Hier ist Sie, ist eine CD & DVD, heisst "LIVE IN KILLBURN";

Disc: 1
    1. Intro
    2. Am I Grooving You
    3. Cancel Everything
    4. Mystifies Me
    5. Take A Look At The Guy
    6. Act Together
    7. Shirley
    8. Forever
    9. Sure The One You Need
    10. I Can't Stand The Rain
    11. Crotch Music
    12. I Can Feel The Fire

Disc: 2 (DVD)
    1. Intro
    2. Am I Grooving You
    3. Cancel Everything
    4. If You Gotta Make A Fool Out Of Somebody
    5. Mystifies Me
    6. Take A Look At The Guy
    7. Act Together
    8. Shirley
    9. Forever
    10. Sure The One You Need
    11. Crotch Music
    12. I Can Feel The Fire

10 Okt 2007

THE FIRST BARBARIAN - CD/DVD RELEASED 22ND OCTOBER 2007

The First Barbarian
    Ronnie Wood releases the digitally re-mastered two disc special, filmed live in London in 1974

Following the successful release of 'New Barbarians, Live From Maryland', Ronnie Wood is releasing a digitally re-mastered DVD, which documents the live 1974 concert at Kilburn State in London.

The Kilburn concert in 1974 was held by Ronnie to support his first solo album 'I've Got My Own Album To Do'. At the time Ronnie was both a member of the Faces, a solo artist and soon to become the 'new boy' in the Rolling Stones.

Documenting this live outing, the DVD features many of the musicians who were instrumental in helping on the album, including Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, Small Faces/Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan and the exceptional talents of sessions musicians Willie Weeks (bass) and Andy Newmark (drums) and a guest appearance from the Face's vocalist Rod Stewart.

"When I made my first album in 1974 at the Wick Studios in Richmond, there was never any time to loose and this record was made on quite a speedy process by many of my extremely talented friends. We took the songs from the record straight onto the stage".

Both the CD and DVD feature an exclusive track with digitally re-mastered audio and video from Ronnie's personal archive. The release includes an eight-page booklet with hand written liner notes by Ronnie Wood and previously unseen photos.

Erschienen am 21. Okt. 2007 u.a. http://www.amazon.de/First-Bar…sic&qid=1195500619&sr=8-2

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

• Zitat

wenzelchen schrieb am 19.11.2007 21:55

Hab' sie schon seit einer Woche aber - zu meiner Schande - immer noch nicht angehört.

Ja, habs falsch gelesen, Ronnie schreibt ja 22 Oktober!

Umso schlimmer, das dies noch niemand hier gepostet hat, ich war ja nicht da!?

Danke für den Hinweis!

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

• Ich hole mir das Teil am Freitag, habe aber gelesen, das die DVD die beiliegt recht schlecht und teilweise in s/w gehalten ist, nur der Ton ist gut, ich vermute mal, da wurde schlichtweg die Bootlegaufnahme verwendet und ne besser abgemischte Audio Variante drübergeknallt wurde!

http://bootcoverz.com/DVD/The_…eventyNine-D-Stone017.jpg

Vom Ronnie Wood Blog:

First Barbarians screening
    Ronnie, 27/11/07, 05:43
    permalink comment(9) trackback()
    Hi everyone, and a big thank you to all of you that came down to the screening of my DVD last week in London. what a great night that was!

I did an interview with Clash magazine (thanks Simon) which you can watch below. All the questions were submitted by readers of the magazine which was really cool. I am really excited about the First Barbarians release, and have just found out that it will be released in America in March 2008 through our distributers over there - so all my American fans can get their hands on it too! Anyway thats all for now. More soon. Take it easy and wrap up out there - its COLD! RW xx

Thanks to Brian Rasic for this photo of me on the night…

Ronnie Wood Interview im http://www.clashmagazine.com/quiz-ronnie-wood/ !

Hier das Video, gibts auch auf Ronnie Webseite, allerdings im bei euch so unbeliebten Quick Time (mov) Format, ich hab's in Windows Media gewandelt und hochgeladen;

<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" classid="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" CODEBASE= "http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,5,715" width="480" height="400" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">
    <PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="http://www.stonestreff.com/images_webseite/infofiles//Gemeinsamer_ordner/clips/ronwood_clash_interview.wmv">
    <PARAM NAME="TransparentAtStart" Value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="AutoStart" Value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="AnimationatStart" Value="false">
    <PARAM NAME="ShowStatusBar" Value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="ShowControls" Value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="autoSize" Value="false">
    <PARAM NAME="displaySize" Value="false">
    <PARAM NAME="ShowAudioControls" Value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="ShowPositionControls" Value="true">
    <Embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/" src="" Name="MediaPlayer" width="480" height="400" transparentAtStart="1" autostart="0" animationAtStart="0" ShowControls="true" ShowAudioControls="1" ShowPositionControls="1" autoSize="1" ShowStatusBar="1" displaySize="false"></embed></OBJECT>

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

• Hat denn jemand diese CD & DVD in der Zwischenzeit?

Ich habe die Bootleg DVD von Kilburn, möchte gerne mal wissen, ob die Qualität des offiziellen releases besser ist!?

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

• Ja, ich hab das Teil! Und ich hab auch das Boot - audiotechnisch ist die Offizielle wirklich (zwar nicht um Längen) besser, sicher wurde digital etwas nachgearbeitet... Ja, die DVD. Deren Qualität wurde ja schon bemängelt. Dem kann ich nur zustimmen. Aber haben sollte man sie trotzdem

• Zitat

brownsugar schrieb am 15.02.2008 18:43
    Ja, ich hab das Teil! Und ich hab auch das Boot - audiotechnisch ist die Offizielle wirklich (zwar nicht um Längen) besser, sicher wurde digital etwas nachgearbeitet... Ja, die DVD. Deren Qualität wurde ja schon bemängelt. Dem kann ich nur zustimmen. Aber haben sollte man sie trotzdem

Ja bemängelt wurde sie, kennst Du denn die Bootleg Version? So als Vergleich?

Werde mir das Teil aber auch noch holen, nur mein Finanzminister hat mir grad Stonesdiät verordnet, habe letzten Monat etwas zu viel ausgegeben für CDs, insbesondere seltene Maxis die mir noch fehlten!

Aber wenn man bedenkt, wie alt die Aufnahmen sind, darf man wohl auch nicht zuviel erwarten!

Damals gabs ja die New Barbarians eigentlich noch garnicht, lief ja unter Ronnie Wood & Band, deswegen auch The First Barbarians!

14th July: RON WOOD & BAND. London, Kilburn Gaumont State Theatre
    (Intro [instrumental]/Am I Grooving You/Cancel Everything/If You Gotta Make
    A Fool Of Somebody/Mystifies Me/Take A Look At The Guy/Act Together/
    Shirley [with parts of Monkey Man]/Forever/Sure The One You Need/I Can’t
    Stand The Rain/Crotch Music/I Can Feel The Fire)
    Line-up: KR (gtr, voc, p)/RW (gtr, voc)/Ian McLagan (p, org)/
    Willie Weeks (bass)/Andy Newmark (dr)/Rod Stewart (voc, tamb)
    Notes: Rod Stewart shares lead vocals on If You Gotta Make A Fool Of
    Somebody, Mystifies Me and Take A Look At The Guy.
    The whole show was professionally filmed and released in 2007 (see 071022A).

Also das Bootleg roclkt tierisch, finde das ist die Hauptsache, denke wir sind durch moderne Aufnahmetechnik echt etwas verwöhnt!

Das Konzert ist auf dieser Bootleg DVD von D-Stone enthalten;

http://i189.photobucket.com/al…ians_SeventyFour_Seve.jpg
    [size=7](aufs Bild klicken zum vergrössern!)[/size]

In zwei Versionen, die aber nur den Sound betreffen (Mono & Stereo Mix) aber es sind noch andere Leckerlies drauf, ist 'ne Doppel DVD!

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico