Zum Thema gibt's auch einen tollen Website:
    http://www.slideonron.com/guitars.htm

Tolle Seite, kannte ich noch nicht!

Hier zwei alte Gibson Werbungen zu einer Les Paul von Ronnie;

http://www.250kb.de/u/070110/j/15c93758.jpg"target="_blank

http://www.250kb.de/u/070110/j/ba485125.jpg"target="_blank

[size=7]Auf's Bild klicken zum vergrössern![/size]

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LittleQueenie ()

• Heute in der Frankfurter Rundschau gelesen:

Ron Wood - Der Rolling-Stones-Gitarrist wird in der Londoner Galerie 27 seine neuen Pferde-Bilder ausstellen. Bislang malte der 59-jährige britische Rockmusiker vor allem Porträts, aber jetzt habe Wood seine Leidenschaft für Tiere, vor allem für Pferde, entdeckt, berichtete die britische Zeitung Daily Telegraph am Dienstag. Wood lebt seit 1998 auf einer Farm im Osten Irlands und züchtet dort selbst Pferde. "Ronnie nimmt die Malerei sehr ernst", sagte Jonathan Poole, der die Bilder zusammengestellt hat. Die Ausstellung in London beginnt am 6. März. dpa

• Er malt jetzt königliche Ballettänzer

From The Sunday TimesApril 22, 2007

Ronnie does a Degas at the ballet Richard Brooks, Arts Editor
    HE is more used to watching the snake-hipped gyrations of Sir Mick Jagger in front of him on stage. But now Ronnie Wood, Rolling Stones guitarist and painter, has turned his eye on the more refined moves of the Royal Ballet.

Wood, who turns 60 on June 1, is working on a project to sketch and paint some of Covent Garden’s star performers, drawing inspiration from two of his artistic heroes - Edgar Degas and Auguste Rodin, who created masterpieces of balletic form.

The old rocker’s visits to the unfamiliar territory of the Royal Ballet have taken place over the past two months, when he has been allowed to observe the dancers in rehearsal, performance and backstage.

The subjects for his series of portraits include Darcey Bussell, the principal ballerina; the Cuban Carlos Acosta, widely considered the best male dancer in the world; the Spanish dancer Tamara Rojo, and Romanian Alina Cojocaru.

“It’s been the biggest challenge of anything I’ve done in art,” said Wood, who will perform on the Stones’ world tour in Europe in June. “Much more so than portraits or landscapes. It’s the movement and grace I admire in these dancers.”

Wood has painted numerous celebrity subjects in recent years, ranging from Bob Dylan to Kate Moss. His Royal Ballet project will reaffirm to his fellow Stones that he should be taken seriously as an artist.

“They used to laugh at me for my paintings. But not any more. In fact Mick recently bought some and I’ve also given portraits to them as presents,” said Wood. “Mick is the biggest challenge to paint while Keith [Richards] is the easiest.”

David Lee, editor of the art magazine, The Jackdaw, said Wood still had some way to go.

“They are not dreadful,” said Lee. “He is an enthusiast but not an artist. Clearly he gets good prices for his work because he is a Rolling Stone.”

The idea for the Covent Garden portraits was hatched two years ago when Wood drew a couple of sketches of dancers for The South Bank Show on ITV.

Then earlier this year Wood, who studied at Ealing Art College in London in the 1960s, contacted the Royal Ballet where its director, Monica Mason, gave him permission for the visits.

“I will sometimes take my camera and still-frame the movements,” said Wood, whose paintings have sold for as much as £300,000. “Or I’ll just have my sketch book, some pencils or pastels. I’ll go backstage too just to capture the dancers stretching. I find that really fascinating.”

Performances he has watched include Liszt’s Mayerling, Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake and a triple bill of three short ballets.

Wood has absorbed tips on technique from studying pictures of dancers by great artists.

“I’ve owned some sketches by Picasso of dancers for years,” he said. “I got them out again recently to see how he did them. Then, of course, there’s Degas and Rodin and what they did with dance and ballet.”

Recent works by the Stones guitarist have included paintings of horses. He owns several at his home in Ireland. “There obviously is a link between the horses and dancers,” he said. “They both have this grace, line of body and movement.” The plan is for an exhibition of the dancers to be held in the autumn at Covent Garden. He would like to put some of the works in a small show in St Petersburg, where the Stones are playing at the end of July.

“I usually like to try to have some of my work on show at places we’re playing,” he said.

Asked what Jagger thought of his new paintings, Wood replied. “Well, he hasn’t seen them yet . . . but he doesn’t dance badly for an old man, does he?”

• COMPETITION!!

This is a fantastic opportunity for all Ronnie's fans.

We are in the process of working with Ronnie on various projects, including his biography and a DVD special which will be released with the Kilburn gig album.

We would like you to submit a QUESTION for Ronnie to answer - the best one will get answered on the DVD.

The question should be about the Kilburn 1974 gig and surrounding era.

Please only submit one question per person and include your email address and phone number so that we can contact you should you win.

The deadline for this competition is Wednesday 2nd May 2007.

Questions should be sent as a message via Ronnie's myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/ronniewoodofficial

Thank you and GOOD LUCK!

The RonnieWood.com Team

http://www.ronniewood.com

• Hab denselben Newsletter wie Iris per Mail erhalten, aber bin irgendwie zu Matsche in der Birne, um auf ne g'scheite Frage zu kommen... und der 2.Mai is nu leider auch schon rum... zumindest fast - in USA dauert er ja noch paar Stunden... (deadline)

~ Words are not enough to say how thankful I am, Keith! ~

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von voodookeef ()