Martin Scorsese dokumentiert A Bigger Bang Tour

• Da ist ja eigentlich auch 'ne Tourbestätigung mit drin;

Zitat

Twentieth Century Fox is rolling with the Stones after snapping up distribution rights on Tuesday for Britain, Australia and New Zealand to Martin Scorsese's documentary on the Rolling Stones.

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

• Naja, wenn schon konsequent, dann hätte man schon die Europa Tour boykottieren müssen, was da gelaufen ist mit Keith's Sturz, vorallem die Verarsche danach war ja auch nicht gerade Fanfreundlich!
    An der DVD verdienen Sie weniger als an den Shows, das ist Fakt!
    Da finde ich eine oder zwei Konzertabsagen für die armen armen Amis eher 'ne Lappalie, hatten fünf mal soviele Shows wie wir, dafür hatten wir fünf mal soviele Ausfälle!

Ich werde die DVD auf jeden Fall kaufen!

Die Doku wird anscheinend "Shine a light" heißen!

--> http://www.zelluloid.de/filme/index.php3?id=14811

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LittleQueenie ()

• Von RIP THIS Member eines der vielen Boards ... höö

Oscar(R)-Winning Filmmaker Martin Scorsese Turns the Camera on the Legendary Rock 'n Roll Band The Rolling Stones in His New Concert Film 'Shine A Light' Opening Nationwide September 21, 2007

May 31 09:03 AM US/Eastern

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., May 31 /PRNewswire/ -- On September 21st, 2007, Academy
    Award(R)-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese and the world's greatest rock 'n
    roll band, The Rolling Stones, unite to bring audiences the most extraordinary
    musical film event of the year. That's the day Paramount Classics, in
    association with Concert Productions International and Shangri-La
    Entertainment, will release "Shine A Light," a look at The Rolling Stones, the
    band that defined the very idea of what a rock & roll band is, live through
    the eyes of Martin Scorsese. The concert film will be released nationally on
    September 21st. Fortissimo Films is the international sales agent.

It's hard to overestimate the importance of The Rolling Stones in rock &
    roll history. The group, which formed in London in 1962, distilled so much of
    the music that had come before it and has exerted a decisive influence on so
    much that has come after. Only a handful of musicians in any genre achieve
    that stature, and the Stones stand proudly among them.

For "Shine A Light," which was filmed over two days at the intimate Beacon
    Theater in New York City in fall 2006, Scorsese assembled a legendary team of
    cinematographers to capture the raw energy of the legendary band. The
    Director of Photography, Oscar(R) winner Robert Richardson ("The Aviator,"
    "JFK"), supervised the camera team comprised of several highly acclaimed
    cinematographers, including Oscar(R) winner John Toll ("The Last Samurai,"
    "Braveheart"), Oscar(R) winner Andrew Lesnie ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy,
    "King Kong"), Oscar(R) nominee Stuart Dryburgh ("The Piano," "The Painted
    Veil"), Oscar(R) nominee Robert Elswit ("Magnolia," "Good Night and Good
    Luck"), Oscar(R) nominee Emmanuel Lubezki ("Lemony Snicket's A Series of
    Unfortunate Events," "Sleepy Hollow") and Ellen Kuras ("Summer of Sam,"
    "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"). The film was edited by David
    Tedeschi, who most recently worked with Scorsese on the acclaimed Bob Dylan
    documentary "No Direction Home: Bob Dylan."

Financed by Steve Bing's Shangri-La Entertainment and long-time Rolling
    Stones tour promoter Michael Cohl's Concert Productions International, the
    film was produced by Victoria Pearman, Michael Cohl, Zane Weiner and Steve
    Bing. The executive producers are Rolling Stones members Mick Jagger, Keith
    Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood, with Jane Rose serving as co-executive
    producer.

Jessica Rovins
    Paramount Pictures
    (323) 956-8265

• Klickt auf das Banner, um auf shinealightmovie.com zu kommen:

[size=7](click on picture)[/size]

Shine A Light: Scorsese & The Stones
    A bit of breaking news from the weekend to report: I walked by the side entrance of the Beacon Theater on Saturday morning to find an unusual amount of activity, especially for this early on a weekend. That’s when I saw Martin Scorsese walk into the building. Now that piqued my interest.

At that point I remembered reading that Scorsese would be filming the upcoming Rolling Stones concerts at the Beacon Theater. As I walked around the building I saw that the production team had blocked off a number of local blocks, and they were loading literally tons of equipment into the Beacon. On each blocked-off street, the crew members posted fliers explaining that Scorsese was filming a movie that “takes a behind the scenes look at the world of rock and roll.”

That’s the second thing that piqued my interest that morning, so I grabbed the signage from the post and did some classic investigating…

Much of the flier is standard issue, but one of the more interesting pieces of information was this new talk of guest musicians. Obviously I knew that the Stones were playing, but this was the first anyone had really heard of additional musicians and acts supporting them on the bill. Also of note is that I’ve never seen a band load into a theater more than a week before the actual concerts. I can’t imagine the scale of this production.

That same night I coincidentally saw Beck at the Loews Theater in Jersey City. In the middle of the set he asked the crowd “Has anyone been fired before?” A nice roar went up from the audience before Beck explained to the crowd that one of the reasons he was in town was for the Rolling Stones concerts, but that he had been fired that morning. He then played “No Complaints,” telling the audience he had planned to play this at the Beacon.

Hidden Track excitedly welcomes the return to concert filmmaking of the man that brought us The Last Waltz. We’ll provide updates going forward as we find out which other acts besides the Stones will be involved in this potentially epic event. In the meantime, you can sign up for the sweepstakes tickets at this address:

http://www.rollingstones.com/beacontheatre/index.php

Good luck, and stay tuned for more…

Quelle:http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/?p=28

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LittleQueenie ()