Schlechte Nachrichten während der ABB-Tour

• Er ist beim Beacon Concert backstage gestürzt und hat sich am Kopf verletzt, dann hieß es irgendwann es ginge ihm besser, aber jetzt offensichtlich viel schlechter.

• Zitat

Iris schrieb am 13.12.2006 14:56
    Er ist beim Beacon Concert backstage gestürzt und hat sich am Kopf verletzt, dann hieß es irgendwann es ginge ihm besser, aber jetzt offensichtlich viel schlechter.

Ja stimmt, das war die Nachricht!

Für diejenigen, die nicht wissen, wer das ist; http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmet_Ertegun

[size=7]Mick, Ahmet Ertegun (rechts) and Jann Wenner[/size]

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LittleQueenie ()

• Noch eine traurige Nachricht

Posted by: Gazza (IP Logged)
    Date: December 15, 2006 01:34

Unfortunately, he's now died. RIP

NEW YORK (AP) - Ahmet Ertegun, who helped define American music
    as the founder of Atlantic Records, a label that popularized the
    gritty R&B of Ray Charles, the classic soul of Aretha Franklin and
    the British rock of the Rolling Stones, has died, his spokesman
    said. He was 83.
    Ertegun remained connected to the music scene until his last
    days - it was at an Oct. 29 concert by the Rolling Stones at the
    Beacon Theatre in New York where Ertegun fell and suffered a head
    injury. He later slipped into a coma and spent weeks in the
    hospital.

• Ohje, war zu erwarten und das an Weihnachten!

Herzliches Beileid vom Stonestreff!

Hier die Meldung auf Deutsch;

News: Szene

Atlantic-Records-Gründer Ahmet Ertegun stirbt im Alter von 83 Jahren

[size=7]Ahmet Ertegun (Foto: Baldrus.com)[/size]

New York - New York - Ahmet Ertegun, der legendäre Gründer von Atlantic Records, ist im Alter von 83 Jahren in New York an den Folgen einer Kopfverletzung, die er sich während eines Rolling-Stones-Konzerts zu Ehren von Bill Clinton am 29. Oktober zugezogen hatte, gestorben.

"Die Musikindustrie hat einen Pionier und eine Ikone verloren, und wir haben unseren Vater verloren. Ahmet veränderte den Lauf der modernen Musik und Kultur", ließ Craig Kallman, Chairman/CEO von Atlantic, verlauten. Auch Edgar Bronfman, Jr., Chairman/CEO Warner Music Group, zeigte sich betroffen: "Für alle bei Warner Music war es eine Ehre, mit Ahmet zusammengearbeitet zu haben

Der in Istanbul geborene Ahmet Ertegun war neben Herb Abramson Mitbegründer von Atlantic Records im Jahr 1947 und war maßgeblich am Erfolg von Künstlern wie Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, Percy Sledge und den Drifters beteiligt. Neben R'n'B-Acts wurden im Lauf der 60er Jahre auch zahlreiche Acts aus dem Rock/Pop-Bereich, darunter Sony & Cher, Buffalo Springfield, Cream, Led Zeppelin und Crosby Stills & Nash, an Bord von Atlantic Records geholt.

QUELLE: http://www.musikmarkt.de/site/…bid/23963/ridtb/114/pid/1

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

• habe ja gehofft das er sich wieder einkriegt aber der sturz scheint doch arg wuchtig gewesen zu sein.

herzliches beileid auch von mir .

• Ahmet Ertegun, co-founder of Atlantic Records and well respected music impresario, passed away yesterday at age 83. Ehmet was instrumental in the early days of Rolling Stones Records, the label created by the band in 1970 and distributed by Atlantic and Atlantic-helmed labels since its inception, and from there a close personal relationship grew.

Today, Mick Jagger paid tribute to Ahmet Ertegun: "He was a marvelous man, very witty, a great raconteur who lived a full social and business life spanning fifty years in popular music. He will be fondly remembered by all who knew him and I will personally miss our warm and long friendship."

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=608

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

• Zitat

Iris schrieb am 12.01.2007 14:49
    Im neuen http://www.rollingstone.com:80…source=music_news_rssfeed gibts ein paar ausführliche Erinnerungen von Mick und Keith an Ahmet Ertegun

KEITH RICHARDS
    I was with Ahmet at the Beacon, ten minutes before he went to the john. He asked me how my head was, after the bang. I said, "Have a feel." Because I have a big dent on the left side, front lobe. He was rubbing it, and we were laughing our heads off. By the time I got offstage, I'd heard what happened. It's almost as if I cursed him. So nobody else can rub my head anymore.

I can't remember exactly when or where we first met. Ahmet sort of insidiously crept into our lives [laughs]. He was both diplomatic and down-home. He was very different from the people who run most record labels. I remember once Mick and I having a meeting with Ahmet. He sat at his desk with his walking cane, balancing it on the top of the desk. Mick and I are trying to have a serious conversation with him, but I looked at him and realized, "Forget it, we're getting nowhere with him today, baby."

He knew the meaning of drama. When he came to our sessions, it was usually with a bit of fanfare and some beautiful babe on his arm -- he had a bevy. He wouldn't say much about the music. You'd get little grunts: "Damn good. That's the shit." He wouldn't want to interfere. But he had his ear on everything.

With Ahmet, you weren't dealing with some hood or lawyer or shyster, which is quite often what you get in the record business. You were talking on level terms with Ahmet. He was intimately involved with what came out under his name.

Ahmet could also get excessive. He liked to hang. And I loved to hang with him, just to hear what came out of the side of his mouth. There would be these little asides: "Screw that motherfucker," things like that.

He was one of the Stones' father figures. I looked up to Ahmet the way I did Muddy Waters. Until the day he died, his whole thing was to be involved with musicians. His love of the music, his joy from it, stayed with him. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been backstage at the Beacon a couple of weeks ago. It was full circle. And that touches me.

MICK JAGGER
    Ahmet had very good musical taste. But he also had very good business sense. It's rare that you get those two things combined. It's all very well to sign an act you like. But that's not going to get you very far if they don't sell.

We always liked the idea of signing to Atlantic. But Ahmet had to come up with the right deal. In the end, it was like a very long negotiation over a carpet -- a lot of wooing over dinner and drinks. We had a lot of fun negotiating. When Ahmet and I finally agreed on the deal, he was so drunk he fell over backward in his chair. That was the deal clincher.

Ahmet was very liberal in his thinking. But he was fantastically sensitive to the marketplace. We had this row over "Starfucker" -- he made us change the name of the song. It was a lengthy, insane drama. But he was socially sensitive. If there were any women's issues involved, he would be on it.

After we left Atlantic, I would go over to his house and play whatever we had, and he would give his comments. It was not the norm. But Ahmet was very expansive and caring. And he would always make me laugh. We had so many good times together, and I will miss him so much.