13. Juni 2007 - Frankfurt

• Hatten wir das schon?

Das was Chuck Leavell in seinem Blog geschrieben hat?

Hier

Wegen dem Sound in Frankfurt. Hier was Chuck Leavell in seinem Blog geschrieben hat.

The Commerzbank Stadium is a nice facility…but not made for music, I’m afraid. After our morning routine, we left for the venue around 3pm. I went to write up the set list…and seeing some of our crew, they immediately gave us the word about the poor acoustics of the place. I finally walked out to check it out myself….and could tell that we were in for a challenge as far as the sound goes. It’s covered stadium, and there was a full 7 second delay after striking a note or hitting a beat on a drum. Ouch…a nightmare for us to deal with.
    Christian and his friends came back to the Rattlesnake, and I went to meet them and talk for a bit before the show. We had a good chat, and I was pleased to meet ?? who may wind up distributing my CDs in Germany. After that and all the other regular preparation, we took the stage around 8:45 or so. To be honest, it was a nightmare from the beginning. Not only was the sound absolutely horrible in the place, but the volume was very loud for some reason…making it a total “wash”. I could barely tell what I was playing all night…much less hear the other musicians with any distinction. We all struggled though it…and while we all did our best, there was just no way to make the place sound like we would all like. Nevertheless, we managed to put on a pretty decent Rock Show under the circumstances…but I have to admit that I was grateful after the last note was played and we headed back to our hotel. There has only been a handful of other venues throughout my career that I thought were as bad as this to play in….and you just have to focus as best you can and deal with it…but it’s not a pleasant experience, that’s for sure.
    Rosie and I wound down with a few glasses of wind and called it a night.

• Zitat

Mrs M schrieb am 06.07.2007 12:22

Muss für die Musiker auch ein Albtraum gewesen sein.

Ha, interessant, kannte den Bericht von Chuck noch nicht! danke

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

• Hatten wir noch nicht, vielen Dank M.

Sehr interessant. Aber ich muss echt sagen, sie haben das Beste daraus gemacht.
    Mick hat sich absolut nichts anmerken lassen.
    Aber dass da natürlich nicht unbedingt Spielfreude aufkommt ist klar.

• Hinweis: Chuck geht auch auf Deutschland-Tour - vieles sind eher "private" Termine -, aber er kommt z.B. in meine Nähe und ich kenne den Veranstalter sehr gut bzw. habe schon den Auftrag von unserer führenden lokalen Zeitung (es gibt noch eine zweite). Macht Ihr einen neuen Thread auf?

• Zitat

JJHMick schrieb am 06.07.2007 14:40
    Hinweis: Chuck geht auch auf Deutschland-Tour - vieles sind eher "private" Termine -, aber er kommt z.B. in meine Nähe und ich kenne den Veranstalter sehr gut bzw. habe schon den Auftrag von unserer führenden lokalen Zeitung (es gibt noch eine zweite). Macht Ihr einen neuen Thread auf?

das kannst du doch selber machen , oder ?