Bill German's "Under Their Thumb: How a Nice Boy from Brooklyn Got Mixed Up with the "Rolling Stones" (and Lived to Tell the Tale)" erscheint dieser Tage

• Und die New York Post veröffentlicht Auszüge bereits vorab (Dank an Tim/Plexi für den Hinweis):

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02…_stones_155226.htm?page=0

gibt's bei amazon

und noch der Text von Bill German's Mailankündigung hinterher:

Hi everyone,

My new book, Under Their Thumb: How a Nice Boy from Brooklyn Got Mixed Up with The Rolling Stones (and Lived to Tell About It), comes out in three weeks. I'd love to see some of you at my book signing in Brooklyn, the place where it all began for me.

Thursday, February 26, at 7 PM

Barnes & Noble

106 Court Street

in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood

If you're in the New York area, please stop by. It's easy to get to by car or subway.

Visit www.BillGerman.com for details, as well as for an excerpt of the book, my first-ever blog, and some never-before-seen Stones photos.

The book will be available at all Borders and Barnes & Noble stores, as of February 24. Barnes & Noble should have it on their "New Arrivals" table the first couple of weeks it's out. At Borders, it'll probably be on the "Biography" table. And of course, you can order the book right now on Amazon.

I hope to see you on the 26th!

All the best,

Bill German

• This has been a subject of debate on IORR.

Here is a post from today:

Re: Bill German's Stones book in the New York Post...
    Posted by: sweet neo con ()
    Date: February 20, 2009 06:47

I emailed Bill German and received this response (I don't think he'd mind that I reprinted it here):

• Witzigerweise erscheint das Buch in den USA erst heute und bei uns hat Amazon die US-Ausgabe schon am letzten Wochenende geliefert .......

• Witzigerweise erscheint das Buch in den USA erst heute und bei uns hat Amazon die US-Ausgabe schon am letzten Wochenende geliefert .......

Der Weg von der Druckerei in China zum Endverbraucher in den VSA führt hier wohl über Europa ... :lol

Habe heute auch mein Exemplar bestellt. Bill Germany hat mich als sowjetzonalen Bürger immer auf dem Laufenden gehalten. Sein Beggars Banquet Magazin habe ich immer pünktlich über einen ungarischen Freund erhalten. Dank der Amerika/Ungarn-Verbindung war ich stonesmäßig immer auf dem neuesten Stand. Diese Zeit war schon verrückt, irgendwie. Quick und Stern haben mich nie erreicht, das Beggars Banquet immer. Mit Monkeyman hatte ich mal ein "schönes" Erlebnis 1987 am Lufthafen Dresden. Wir kamen gerade aus Budapest zurück und der DDR-Zoll hielt uns wegen den Beggars Banquet Magazinen gut zwei Stunden fest ... Dieses Kapitel ist vielleicht einmal Bestandteil eines Buches. ... schön, dass mein Weggenosse Bill German jetzt wieder ein Buch veröffentlicht hat.