Keith Richards writes Autobiography/ Keith Richards schreibt Autobiographie

• Zitat

Dandelion1812 schrieb am 19.05.2007 01:47

Öhmmm ???

Hab das jetzt nur grob überflogen...was hat diese Biographie mit unserem Keith zu tun?

Keine Angst, Dande, da geht's nicht um unseren Keith. Um gar keinen Keith, wenn man's genau nimmt - sondern einen Richard Branson...

~ Words are not enough to say how thankful I am, Keith! ~

• Angeblich ein erster Auszug aus Keith' Autobiographie - ich finde nicht, dass es sich nach Keith anhört... aber lest selbst:

This new year of the Exile on Main Street sessions, 1972, opened upon us in an entirely different shape for the Rolling Stones. We were no longer alone. At our side stood two mighty allies. Gram Parsons and Dr. John were, though for different reasons, irrevocably engaged to provide rootsy Americana in the closest concert with the band. This combination made final recording certain unless it broke in pieces under the weight, or unless some entirely new strain of heroin appeared in Villefranche-sur-Mer. There was indeed a new strain of heroin for which half the band was avidly groping. As it turned out, it was into our already collapsing veins that the blessing of the Burma Brown was destined to fall. A fearful and bloody struggle lay before us and we could not foresee its course, but injection was sure.

The Stones collective had now to face the onslaught of recording "Happy." This had been long prepared, and fell upon Charlie Watts' dignity, if such it could be called, with cruel severity. At no moment could it be conceived that I might be providing vocal duties, but heavy forfeits had to be paid for the privilege, in Nice and other nearby encampments. Jagger, in mortal grip of his newlywed status, suffered only from the marital assault by the diversion of multiple Anglo-American energies in the form of strippers. Watts and I had a long period of torturing conflicts before us which could not affect the final issue but were hard for the band to endure. In the end, producer Jimmy Miller handled percussion duties. To us in the band it seemed that everything was growing worse... although on reflection we knew that the album was done.

http://gawker.com/news/we-all-…outhern-france-261340.php

~ Words are not enough to say how thankful I am, Keith! ~

• Sorry, tja, mein englisch....

Das ist die Plattenfirma der Stones, hatte da nach der neuen DVD gesucht, bzw. nach Info's, über Suche wurde mir das dann angezeigt!

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LittleQueenie ()

• Sat.1 Videotext vom 27.07.2007

Ein großes Tauziehen hat im Verlagswesen um die Autobiografie von Rolling Stones"-Gitarrist Keith Richards eingesetzt. Medienberichten zufolge soll das höchste Gebot für die Veröffentlichungsrechte derzeit bei knapp sieben Millionen Dollar liegen. Welcher Verlag das Rennen machen wird, ist noch nicht entschieden.
    Keith will in seiner Biografie übrigens einige brisante Details aus seinen wilden Jahren mit den Stones preisgeben.

• Zitat

wenzelchen schrieb am 28.07.2007 20:50
    Cool - Geld abgreifen und dann wird er wahrscheinlich 10 Jahre warten bis er die erste Silbe diktiert.

Haha, genau, oder es kommt nur ein Satz, ROCK'n Roll - It's me oder sowas!

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

• Good grief, here's Keef

Sean O'Hagan
    Sunday July 29, 2007
    The Observer

The old line that goes 'If you remember the Sixties, you weren't there' takes on a whole new resonance this week with the news that the bidding war for Keith Richards' autobiography has topped the £3 million mark. In Keith's case, though, the Seventies and a good portion of the Eighties may also be a trifle hazy, so dogged was his pursuit of oblivion of one kind or another back then.

It's that pursuit, of course, that has helped make Keith the rock legend he is, and upped the ante in the bidding stakes. The elegantly wasted years have already been chronicled extensively in several biographies and in countless cut and paste snapshots of the Rolling Stones, but that has not stopped HarperCollins and Little, Brown going head to head for a book that will be ghost-written by Keith's 'friend', James Fox - alas not the same James Fox who starred in the acid-fuelled Sixties film, Performance, alongside Mick Jagger and Keith's former squeeze, Anita Pallenberg. Now there's a book I'd like to read.
    Anyone expecting an impressionistic masterpiece a la Bob Dylan's Chronicles, then, will probably be disappointed, though impressionist it will undoubtedly be. There's the drugs, the drug busts, the friends who died from drugs (Brian Jones, Gram Parsons). There's Redlands, Altamont and Toronto, and a cast of characters that includes Spanish Tony (Keef's one-time dealer) and Sir William Rees-Mogg (his unlikely champion) as well as the Ronettes and, lest we forget, the Mounties. There's Sir Mick, and their love-hate relationship, as well as 'Honest' Ron Wood and Charlie Watts, the greatest drummer and sharpest-dressed in rock'n'roll.

There's also that long stretch in the middle, though, when Keith, and by extension the Stones, were out to lunch. And, of course, that recent run-in with the coconut tree as well as the confession, since disputed, that he snorted his dad's ashes. How can it fail to be a right rollicking read?

What will he call it, though? 'Drugs and Drugs and Rock and Roll'? 'When Did You Last Sniff Your Father?' How about 'No Stone Unturned'? Or, better still, 'No Turn Unstoned'.