34 Years Ago: The July 15-16 1975 San Francisco Cow Palace Concerts – MORE Neu Fotos

• These fotos (including some duplicates) are from the Tuesday-Wednesday/July 15-16, 1975 shows at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. The latter was my first Stones concert ever. More on that later.

This first selection of 16 fotos was taken by Greg Evrigenis of Sacramento. Greg was a friend of a friend and the man who had been lucky enough to hear (or hear of quickly enough) the announcement on live radio by the legendary promoter Bill Graham: “At the sound of the tumbling dice, Rolling Stones tickets for their July 15th and 16th concerts at the Cow Palace will go on sale” at all BASS outlets. He managed to get in line at the BASS ticket outlet quickly, cutting a high school class at Jesuit High to do so, I believe.

Through a mutual friend, I managed to call Greg as I had heard he might have extra tickets for sale. Indeed he did and agreed to sell two for the second show to me at the then-outrageous sum of twenty-five dollars apiece, the original price being $7.50 if memory serves. As another friend put it to me, “I heard you paid up the nose for Stones tickets.”

Greg attended the first of the two shows on July 16. He had some pretty high quality photographic equipment and was something of an amateur photographer. He shot rolls of black and white prints and color slides, later allowing me to make duplicate prints from both.

I begin with some of his black and white fotos. I will add more of his black and white, maybe some of his color prints, as well as some of my own poor quality color prints shot the next night with a little, cheap 110 camera. In addition, I will have additional fotos of the entire event and some stories indelibly burned into my memory, that is, of what I could remember in the aftermath of the show.

Note: the scans are not the best due to my own poor skills in such things.

Plexi

• Wow Plexi, great pictures, thanks :thumbup:

Mick was looking great at this time.

Mick sah super aus zu dieser Zeit finde ich!

Es gibt auch eine Aufnahme von dieser Show (It's Only Rock'n Roll VGP 036/037)

MICK69.JPGmetallica.ico

Sweet Cousin Cocaine, lay your cool cool hand on my head...

• Very nice pics!
    Mick with long hair and his painted eyes...
    the first photo I like very much. 3 guys singing :)

You can`t always get what you want.16.08.90 GE; 20.06.95 K; 24.06.98 D; 13.06.03 OB; 23.07.06 K; 13.08.07 D; 29.11.12 L; 06.07.13 L; 19.06.14 D; 27.09.17 BCN; 30.06.18 S

• Beautiful pics, thanks a lot Tim! :tumbup

"They who can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." B. Franklin

• Yes Poka -- I will be adding some commentary, it is just that this stuff takes so long, so I am doing a bit at a time.

I should note that this is the first time these fotos have ever been posted anywhere to my knowledge, nor have they been published.

And certain little details appear, such as the question as to when (what tour) and at what point on this tour did Mick begin using wireless mics. Well, I do remember that well from my own stoned memory of the second show, and now here we have photographic proof that at least by San Fran (and I suppose LA), he had begun using them.

Now, I will post a few more from the July 15th show, then I will move on in my next post to my own poor fotos that I personally (along with a freund) took on the 16th but those will have a bit of interesting commentary.

plexi